Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
I have owned my "project" 62mas for sometime now and decided it needed to go and be finished and who better to do the work than Duncan/TheWatchBloke, now almost ready to return and below is the service report.

Hi John,

Your 6217-8001 has been on the bench at last and is nowcompleted and on test you'll be pleased to hear! The service went well withbasically just dirt and degraded lubrication to contend with, however therewere some issues.

The clutch wheel had a tooth missing which meant adjusting thetime caused a bit of skipping every now and then. These are impossible tosource these days but I had a good condition one that I've fitted for you.

The balance pivots were a bit worn causing quite a large deltaso I've polished them which has improved the delta considerably, not the bestI've ever seen but considering the starting point not too shabby.

The crown wouldn't sit flush and consequently wouldn't engagecorrectly with the setting lever. I think there was an o-ring rammed down thebottom of the crown so I've stripped it and fitted a new seal, it fitscorrectly once more.

The one dial foot had parted company with the dial, I'vesoldered a new foot on.

I fitted a new case back seal and buttoned the watch up but whentesting the date change manually advancing the time made the hands go out ofsync, in fact 15 revolutions of the minute hand equated to the hands lining upat 2 o'clock instead of 3!

When I rebuilt it I noticed you had a stainless steel hour wheelfitted which I'd never seen before but I made a mental note that Seiko musthave fitted SS ones at some point after seeing it. When I stripped the watch tosee what the issue was I had a closer look at the wheel and counted 31 teeth,this explained everything getting out of sync as it should have 30 teeth!

I had a correct replacement brass one so that's also been fittedand it's all good now.

The watch has also passed a 10bar pressure test and i'veattached a load of photographs of the process.

The watch will remain on test for the next four days to dealwith any issues that may appear and to fine tune the regulation if needed.
Description
Description
$SIGNUP$
$VALIDATION$
Working... Please wait